Instapundit has news on the use of DDT in Africa.
A few words about DDT:
- It doesn’t cause cancer.
- It doesn’t cause birth defects.
- It isn’t bad for the environment.
- It DOES kill mosquitoes and drop malaria rates by huge amounts.
- It IS more effective than netting and the alternative bug sprays.
- and finally it’s ban IS an example of what happens when science and politics collude.
Everyone has a right to their own opinions, of course, but a look at the facts and research is here. And the fact, not opinion, is that millions are dying of this disease and that the civilized world is keeping them from the most effective means we know of fighting it.